Friday, December 7, 2007

Getting Carded Is Fashionable Again!


As long as gift cards have been in circulation, I have despised getting them from BFF's--not just because they feel so "oh-crap-I-forgot-to-get-you-something-ish," but because they lack the personal touch. (Maybe it's an ego thing, but I want to feel "thought about" when I get a gift). But with all of the fab new personalized gift card options, I might have to rethink my position!

For your caffeine-addicted friend, Starbucks lets you create his/her favorite drink (mine is a double tall soy latte!) on your favorite background. Or, you can create a cartoon look-a-like of your friend in different locations like the beach, the mountains or even having coffee at a Starbucks. (Duh!) I created a shopping diva in downtown Manhattan with pink hair, a tiara and shopping bags (no joke!) to give to myself ;)

For your friend with a sweet tooth, Dunkin Donuts lets you upload a personal picture to create a one-of-a-kind card your friend will never forget (especially if you upload that picture of her from your best friend's wedding--you know the one I'm talking about!)

And, for your friend who has everything or just loves to shop (who doesn't?) you can create a personalized VISA card at http://www.giftcardlabs.com/ by uploading your own artwork, favorite picture, or choosing one of their styles like a stiletto heel, a lipstick kiss mark, or a bottle of red nail polish. The hardest part will be deciding which one to get!

No comments:

Post a Comment